FACE-IT - Arctic Biodiversity & Livelihoods
FACE-IT aims to enable adaptive co-management of social-ecological fjord systems in the Arctic in the face of rapid cryosphere and biodiversity changes.
- Identify and quantify key drivers of biodiversity changes and their past and future trends.
- Identify cascading effects of a changing biodiversity associated with ongoing and projected changes in Arctic coastal food webs.
- Assess the interdependencies between environmental changes and Arctic coastal livelihoods.
- Support adaptive co-management at the local and national levels.
FACE-IT rests on three overarching research approaches:
- the comparison of fjords and adjacent coastal areas under different degrees of cryosphere loss
- the integration of existing data through experimental research and modelling
- an emphasis on coproduction of knowledge to develop and propose adaptive co-management strategies that can safeguard local coastal livelihoods in times of rapid change
- More information
Senior Researcher, part-time post