Photo: Leticia Antunes Nogueira
The Business research group at Nordland Research Institute has long and wide-ranging experience in research related to business and industry. The expertise of the group covers the spectrum from the company level to the industry and regional levels, and the group cooperates actively with institutions from both the private and the public sector in searching for timely solutions to real-world problems faced by policymakers and industry actors.
International cooperation is a priority of the group, and the European Union is an increasingly important source of funding for the group’s project portfolio through the Horizon 2020 program and the European Regional Development Fund.
Focus areas of the group include:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Regional development
- Transport and logistics
- Marine and other natural resource industries
- The economics of sustainability
- Incentives and other policy tools
- Travel and tourism
Currently ongoing projects of the group include:
- E-lighthouse. Project investigating how public policy can best promote energy-efficient housing.
- I AM RRI. Horizon 2020 project about responsible research and development in the additive manufacturing industry.
- Smart Specialization in Nordland. Project evaluating the innovation policy of Nordland county municipality in real time as the policy is implemented.
Upcoming projects include:
- SeeRRI. Horizon 2020 project that will investigate how to build self-sustaining research and innovation ecosystems in Europe through responsible research and innovation. Nordland Research Institute coordinates the project, which will start in January 2019.